The bedroom summer curtains are done!! Yeah, it took alot of fabric wrestling and three broken needles but I can say I didn't cry or have to use the seam ripper. And here they are. The light in the morning is fantastic, a great warm yellow room.
I copied our Ikea curtains for how to create them because I liked how they hang.
This one, below, is the whole reason for this debacle. It's made so that I can hook it and it hangs above the air conditioner. Makes it a little blousy looking but all in all I'm thinking it's as good as it gets without using a shade or something.
What I did to create this is added three buttons and three hoops at the bottom so I could pull it up to the correct length. These buttons (which I love) were given to my from my mom's collection years ago. I was almost not going to use them because they are so cute and deserve a better showcase but I stockpile too many things like that so I went for it.
Up next are curtains for C's room but this fabric hasn't yet arrived. So, I think I'm going to work on some smaller, instant gratification type projects.
WI Quilt Expo
3 months ago