So, I've been hemming and haa-ing about this whole barter idea for a while and a little nudge nudge from a fellow blogger prompted me to finally dive in. I love the idea of getting a little crafty alternative economy going. And, I thought it might work like this.
1) If you are interested, post what you are interested in making for others (or just tell me with a photo or two of the item)
2) Everyone can view what others are interested in making and strike up barter bargains with eachother (or work through me, though it will definitely be faster to go through eachother). Really think about what you have made and what it is worth in a barter exchange. 'Cause I think one could resent it if they worked on hard on something and then it wasn't exchanged in kind, ya know?
3) I will add links to all of it on my sidebar so you can reference all the option at any time
4) Then we make what the other wants, ship it off and wait for our barter item in return.
5) If you don't really know what you want to make, look at what others are offering and decide what it is worth in exchange or ask someone what they might like of the things that you make.
So, let's say you make great children's apron, for example, or adorable little baby hats, or crayon rolls, or whatever else but you would love a cute little bag....it's a barter!
I do want to add a few things, a project like this could be overwhelming so don't be afraid to limit your barters and don't be offended if someone says no to your barter offer. (Unless, of course,I end up doing this alone.) Also, every item will have a few errors and a little extra *love* worked into it. This is great! It's handmade!
I already know what I want. My next post will be options for my barter items. I'm so excited (yes, again). Now, please do join in or I will really feel like I am talking to myself. And, don't be afraid to join. Beginner sewers, knitters, crafters are definitely welcome...I am speaking to you, Grossman.
2 months ago