I just (tentatively) took Etsy's handmade pledge. My sister did it last year and it's been looming on my mind. The pledge states that I will make or buy handmade for my holiday gifts and encourage others to give/make handmade for me. The first part I can do (mostly...hard to handmake for men besides my husband, right?) but not sure I'm going to be hounding people to give handmade to me.
So, here is the list so far...
- Easy lap quilts for both of my grandma's given in a handmade tote bag.
- Some fun, special things that I can't discuss for my sister
- BTR's tea cozy for my mother-in-law
- Quilt for the baby-to-be
- Fabric farmhouse for the toddler
- And, that leaves men (gotta think on this one) and my mom...I'm sure I'll come up with something for friends, that's always easy.
But, I'd better get crackin'.
3 months ago