Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swappy Swap!

I'm happy to report that I actually finished the Bend-The-Rules Easy Lap Quilt for the swap, sent it to Paige my swap mate, and it has hopefully already arrived!
It was so much fun to create it and I'm in love with the pattern and the free-form design piece of it really appeals to me. In all, I'm happy with the quilt but a bit of the binding didn't really work for me and I'm not sure why. I hope my swap mate isn't too disappointed. I added the owl at the end, for fun, using the scraps and some interfacing. It's just hand-sewn to the quilt and so might be a bit fragile in the wash, etc. But, hopefully, it's a little surprise.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Melissa! I love love love the quilt, especially the owl! I just put up a little post with pics - and thanks again!

Drea said...

I love the owl so much!!