Thursday, December 17, 2009

I kind of skipped the cookie part...

our local crew's annual cookie exchange party was this last weekend. we hosted and thoroughly enjoyed our spacious kitchen, though nearly everything loses its spacious feel when kids are running amok. well, i'm embarassed to admit it but I just couldn't muster much enthusiasm for the baking part of it so I half-heartedly pulled off a family toffee bar recipe the morning of. I just couldn't wait to give the kids their gifts (after the moms got their aprons). Each little munchkin got a chalkmat, made from the TaaDaa studios kit, and an accompanying bag from my pattern.

The result? It was one of those moments that crafters live for. Everybody LOVED the chalkmats and the bags were immediately put to use in shifting toys from one room to another. I even got a spontaneous "Thank you Callum's Mommy" following by a very strong leg-hug. You know the type.
We've since toted our bag and mat with us to church...a nice quiet activity.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Once again, you blow me away. I LOVE the chalk mats...