Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tote bag tutorial

I see quite a few of these tote bags in my future. I stumbled upon the tutorial from Sew Mama Sew!'s Summer Sewing Month (July!) If I can manage an hour away from the kiddos today maybe I'll be able to knock one out. Just yesterday, as I was loading up on 4th of July picnic stuff, I was thinking that I needed more reusable grocery bags and these will be perfect! Now, to resist the temptation of going out and getting a bunch of Amy Butler fabrics to make these...that's a different story.

1 comment:

Little C and Little J said...

Oh, I love it. I can't wait to see the results. I actually have enough tote bags (sort of, I mean I always need more but have a sufficient amount). I always wish I needed more, however, because making them is the best. This tutorial looks hardcore, these are serious totes. But, yeah justifying buying nice fabric. What is your justification process? I usually just kind of go for it blindly and late at night on-line. As if, the moonlight will prevent it from actually making its way to my credit card bill. It doesn't work.