Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Love in surprising places

I've visited Nashville twice and each time I am surprised by how much I like it. It always inspires a love of early country music and secret affinity for neon lights. But, best of all is the Hatch Print Shop. They use old-fashioned letter press method to create amazing music posters, t-shirts and more. And, have been using this method since the Cash and Presley days. Their images are all over Nashville and even grace the cover of my conference brochure. I love the care it takes to work letterpress and the beauty of the handcraft it imparts.
These great images are taken from a gallery in Canada called Uppercase, which featured Hatch Print Shop at their gallery a while ago. Check them out at http://www.uppercasegallery.ca/hatch-show-print/ for all kinds of inspiring artwork.

1 comment:

ten finger workshop said...

this is fantastic, nice reporting M!