Thursday, September 24, 2009

Messenger Birds

This little birdie is my latest obsession. It's made from a pdf tutorial on Spool Sewing blog.
It's small enough that I was able to pull it off using fabric scraps and as soon as I made it I knew what I was going to use it for...a gift tag. In addition to making reusable gift bags, inspired by At The End of This Row, I decided to make little birds for my holiday gift tags. I haven't decided yet whether to use ink stamping to write the recipients name or a fabric marker, which would obviously be alot quicker. I might even leave them blank. Also, I'm so taken with these little birds that I'm cooking up a holiday banner that uses them as well.

This is the reusable gift bag that this birdie will fly away with. Hmm...I wonder what's in there?

3 comments:

mary frances said...

so cute! must make!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I made them filled with cat nip for friend's cats last year.... such a great little pattern!

Juniper said...

Oh what a lovely present that will make someone! Like the bird AND the bag, really sweet!!