Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kid's Clothes Week: the final item


I had to set aside the serger for the day, was getting a little too personal between us. So, I switched to freezer paper stencilling instead. I just went with it on this one, no real plan exactly. Just whimsy. I had so much fun on Elsie's Kid's Clothes Week, I NEVER would have made so many items of clothing. I'm feeling a little tempted to try and make something for myself. I rarely do that, but it seems a little less intimidating these days.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am in awe...your clothes are so damn cute. You, Meg and mama-pan have inspired me to clean out that sewing space and get back to it! I'll never learn how to sew better if I don't practice.

I'm also impressed by your work with the serger. It is an intimidating machine, but watching what some of my other friends can do with it, once they have it down, is incredible. You'll get there soon...you will be serging away and won't even think about it. I only tried it once and almost sewed my fingers together. In the end I managed to hem dust rags - made from our old flannel receiving blankets.

Little C and Little J said...

I'm so happy to hear that! You are an amazing knitter, sewing is so easy comparatively. I'm also so happy you are getting to know Mama-pan, she a great virtual friend.