Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Very Own Pajama Party!

I might just wear these pajamas every day this summer. The pattern is from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing (which, as you know, I mostly love). One of the great things about this pattern is that the sizes range from a kid small to adult large. I've even used this pattern to make pajamas for my husband. I made them in a medium for myself because the hip area is (ahem) a little wide on me...so they are a bit baggier in other areas, which is great for pajamas in my opinion.

But, the really exciting news is that I didn't just make these pajamas because I wanted summer pajama pants or because I'm growing into a habit of wearing pajamas until noon on Saturday...both of which are true but beside the point. I made these to prepare for some Saturday sewing with friends. They are coming over and we are going to brave the depths of my scuzzy basement for some pajama sewing! They are brave and dedicated women.
(This gorgeous, spring-y fabric is Verna by Kate Spain for Moda. I've noticed I'm pretty keen on Moda fabrics these days. I don't think I've given them enough attention before. The quilt under-foot is wool and was made by my grandma, it keeps us warm all winter long without fail.)

No comments: