Friday, August 8, 2008

I Caved

So, turns out I don't actually have any personal restraint. I bought the 'cute stuff' book on impulse in Barnes and Nobles (damn their train table, it draws us in every time.) and the cherry bag handles were half price on etsy from sweetflavor. The other book, remake restyle, reuse, I wouldn't actually recommend. It should be called "how to dress us boring things you bought at Ikea" rather than the vaguely environmental title it carries. So, don't purchase it but if you want to borrow it let me know.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Good for you! My wish list is growing too...I'm sure I will break down soon and splurge. I just picked up the Cute Stuff book from the library. Let me know what you make. I really love that many of the patterns are already at 100%. Out of curiousity, what do you do when your patterns need to be enlarged? Take a trip to the local copy shop?

Little C and Little J said...

It's terrible but I usually enlarge them at work, over my lunch hour. It's a fun book, I'm most into the applique. The alligator is too cute.

Beth said...

ah, yes, the working world and all it's benefits. for us students we need a passcode for the machine and i don't think i could disguise "Cute Stuff" as dissertation research, ha! i could just see the look on my advisors face!