Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jackpot

I dropped into a random antigue shop in the heart of the Latino district in New Brunwick this weekend and found a box full of yards and yards of vintage fabric! I gave the owner my name because he said he has more vintage fabric than he knows what to do with. He can't bring it all into the store because there is too much. So, I cut it all up for the swap and I'm getting rally excited.
It definitely veers toward the funky rather than the sweet, which I hope isn't a let down for my swap mates. I also got an assortment of buttons...there were more than I had time to wade through.
This fabric is one of my favorites. Fantastic, right?
Kieran says I'm going to have to stop saying that I don't have a local fabric store. It might be true though it's definitely not your traditional place to get fabric.



1 comment:

Beth said...

Those are awesome. You definately hit the jackpot. Looks like you are off to a great start. I can't wait to see what you get in return. We could always do a mini-swap between us if you don't get something that you're looking for. For instance, I've got tons of floral fat quarters in a range of colors: yellow, orange, green, blue and brown/tan. Your right about that red print though - cute as napkins but worthy of greater things too! Btw, how did you make your napkins? Any advice before I set out making some?