Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nesting

Made these nesting blocks, a big one and a smaller one, from the tutorial posted on Sew Mama Sew by Elizabeth of Oh! Fransson. For the big one I was inspired by Oh! Fransson's quilt that used ric-rac that has been stored in some recess of my brain and decided to pop out for this project. I love ric-rac and I like how these look using the ric-rac but it does make the piecing process awfully slow. I used vintage fabric for all of these, except the solid colors. The picture below is just another side of the bigger block.
For the medium block I opted for stripes and butterflies.

And, here they are all nestled together.
I have to say, the tutorial is very thorough and easy as pie to follow. And, these blocks are really useful for holding little things around the house. It was a great way to use up some of my smaller vintage pieces and get some practice with patchwork. That said, if I have to make any more of these I might lose my mind. It was just really tedious, lots of interfacing layers and THEN patchwork is slow and 'ey-I-ey' I could hardly get through making two. I would love to have about a million, at a million my life would be organized and pretty but I can promise you I won't be making any more.


No comments: