Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Quick Trip Backpack

Sometimes, everything seems to go haywire and there is a need to get out of the house IMMEDIATELY. I know that I'm not alone, we've had friends drop by without even shoes on. This backpack was made with these moments in mind. It's small and I packed it with the diapers and wipes I need for both kids. There are no toys, no additional distractions, just the essentials. It's the get-out-of-Dodge backpack. I'm keeping it hung on a hook on our front porch.
It's from Lotta's Simple Sewing, I just haven't put her book back down since I picked it up for the sun hat! I also made a smaller one for a little friend of mine for her trips to the park with her new baby sister. Just took six inches off the pattern and a few off the straps.


2 comments:

Julie said...

It carried the essential Dolly, Play Phone and Tiara up to Portland this weekend. :) We heart this backpack. Made with love by "Gammalissa."

Beth said...

Great pattern! We've something similar, but nowhere as cute. Given the number of red heads in our family ours has sunscreen and sunhats in it as well.