Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Book Reports, Due Monday--A Child's Day

Look at me! Late for my own deadline! Sorry.

For crafty mamas, this book is tops! It's an alphabet book filled with papercut images and imaginative verbs for each letter of the alphabet. It's very creative and the images are very engaging for little people. Moreover, the paper she uses to create the children's clothing are so *sewer friendly* that every time I pick up this book I find my mind wandering into the world of fabric and clothing pattern design. I'm particularly smitten with Q below:
And, I'm not alone. Mary Frances from This is Marzipan created the most amazing children's clothing FOR BOYS based on these inspiring images. Check out her guest post about it and follow that to her fantastic tutorial for how to make it all.

1 comment:

mary frances said...

hey, thanks for the shout-out! enjoying my 15 minutes of blogging fame, haha. Can't wait to see what sewing you come up with from /Alphabet of Play/. hint hint :-)