Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crazy Boy Pants

I've been meaning to make reversible pants for boys for a long time and finally got motivated today. I used a pair of his good fitting pants to make the pattern and then cut it twice. The two pairs are nestled in with each other, the waistband is elastic so I stitched that up first, made a casing (by putting in a simple stitch below the waist) and put in the elastic. Then, I folded over both hems and topstitched to finish. The great thing about these is that they can be cuffed up and look super cute but also let down as he grows. In my experience boys grow down not out. I also added little pockets because I think that pockets are traffic-stopping cute on little kids.
And, as much as I like these pants...they were meant to be just a prototype using fabric I have laying around but never seem to find a project for. I put my kids through lots of "mama made" torture but I really don't expect him to wear this pair of pants. I've ordered some nice fabric for a future pair of these suckers. They do fit his wild personality, though, which is why he laughed when he saw them (not joking) and then refused to take them off.

1 comment:

Harry Seo said...

Thank you for such a wonderful post. I enjoyed every bit of it.kids furniture