Saturday, August 13, 2011

Evolution of a Bib

I have made a gazillion baby bibs (I counted, it is actually a gazillion) and nearly all of them were made using the pattern in Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. And, I love that pattern but I was browsing Etsy as one does when they are handmade-obsessed and up at night. And, I noticed a lot of bibs that had more a square shape at the bottom, which I really liked. I also have always struggled with sewing an accurate topstitch around the curves at the back of the bib. So, I altered the pattern for the new shape and to make an easier sewing portion near the snap.
The change is probably imperceptible except to me BUT I do, indeed, know the difference and I love it. And, these, my friends are the crazy things that obsess sewing freaks like me.







4 comments:

Juniper said...

Very cute new bib and well done for fine tuning it to a more sewing friendly shape. Can I make a wish list request for one of your bibs if this little baby comes out safe and sound??

Beth said...

Speaking of bibs! Cora has been LIVING in these for the past two weeks. Yes...this little one is teething already (4mos.) They are wonderful and I am so happy to have a few. I love your new touches - great job at modifying something you love to suit you and your workflow.

Janneke said...

Wow, nice! I can learn from this when making bibs for presents, thanks!

Little C and Little J said...

Jupe, in a heartbeat my dear. I'll get on that asap! Beth, so happy to hear the bibs are loved...not so happy to hear they are loved quite so soon! Janneke, glad to hear this little snippet is useful! Good luck!